Hugh Hefner said Thursday he remains clueless as to the reasons behind his former fiancee's eleventh-hour walkout on their planned June wedding -- but confessed he believes Crystal Harris never really loved him.
Harris, 25, walked out on 85-year-old Hefner a week before their June 18 wedding. She said later she realized she couldn't commit to the Playboy lifestyle -- a claim Hefner flatly dismissed on "Piers Morgan Tonight."
"Most of what she has said publicly is not true," Hefner said of the former Playmate. "She loved the lifestyle. She loved the girls."When asked what went wrong, Hefner said, "That is the number one question and I don't have an answer for you."
"I really don't know what happened but I think over time the rest of the story will come out," he continued.
"There is more that we don't know and at least one other guy in the picture ... [and] her career [as a singer] was clearly more important to her than she let on."Hefner said he had his first inkling something was not right when he and Harris took a trip to London together a few weeks before the planned wedding.
"Things did not seem to be quite they way they should be," Hefner said. "Something was not right but I did not see it coming. I truly did not see it coming."
Hefner said he decided to propose to Harris -- on Christmas Eve last year -- because he regretted not making a commitment to former girlfriend Holly Madison, one of the stars of his hit TV show "The Girls Next Door."
"I made the commitment, quite frankly, because I felt that in a previous relationship with Holly I had not been there for her," he said. "But marriage is not the important part -- the relationship is the important part."
He conceded the relationship with Harris "had run its course and she didn't really love me."
"She had indicated she wanted to get married, she was the one who said sooner rather than later," he added. "She seemed like the real deal."Asked by Morgan if he felt conned by Harris, Hefner replied, "Obviously. Sure. Of course."
"She took you for a ride," Morgan told Hefner, to which he responded, "Yes, but quite frankly it was a very nice ride."
He said Harris walked away from the relationship with a new Bentley car, the engagement ring -- which he valued at between $60,000 and $70,000 -- and an amount of cash.
"Not as much as she would have had she married me," he joked.
The interview also gave Hefner the opportunity to introduce his two new girlfriends -- Playboy Playmates Anna Sophia Berglund, 25, and 27-year-old Shera Bechard.
Hefner's first marriage, to Mildred Williams, ended in 1959, six years after he founded Playboy magazine. Hefner has two children with Williams.
He married Playmate Kimberly Conrad in 1989. The couple had two sons and separated in 1998, though their divorce was finalized just months before Hefner proposed to Harris in December 2010.
No comments:
Post a Comment